“Michael Curran6, after a brief illness, died on Thursday of last week, at his home on West Ninth street. Deceased was a native of Ireland, was about 67 years of age, and leaves a wife. Funeral services were held at Holy Redeemer church.”7
- Mrs. Alice Gay Bumgarner Kellogg, wife of Andes Jones Kellogg, died August 5th, 1893, and is buried at Buckeye Cemetery in Ohio Furnace, Scioto County, Ohio.
- Infirmary records note a Conrad Gelanger, aged 75 years, of Wayne Township, was admitted to the Infirmary on July 14, 1893, and dying there on July 15, 1893. The record also notes that he was taken away by his friends. Greenlawn Cemetery records note a Christian Gaellinger, aged 76 years, being buried on July 15, 1893, in Section 7 Lot 9.
- August 4, 1893
- Infirmary records note that Rudolph Spitzer, aged 60, of Wayne Township, was admitted to the Scioto County Infirmary on September 18, 1884, and died August 4, 1893.
- Infirmary records note the surname spelled as Overly, aged 71 years, of Wayne Township, was admitted to the Infirmary on September 1, 1891, and died August 4, 1893.
- Greenlawn Cemetery records record the surname was Curian. He was buried in the Holy Redeemer Section of the cemetery in an unlabeled single grave.
- Deaths. (1893, August 13). Portsmouth Times, 1.